Table of Contents
Swami Vivekananda – multi-skilled, well known educator, Hindu monk was born as Narendranath Datta in a privileged Bengali family in 1863.
He introduced the concept of Vedanta and Yoga to the western world. Because of his exemplary work in bringing Hinduism to the status of a major world religion, he is viewed as a patriotic saint In India, and his birthday (January 12) is celebrated as National Youth Day.
We at HighClap brings the best thought-provoking slogans and quotes of Swami Vivekananda that will inspire you. Let's start!
Inspiring Swami Vivekananda Quotes
- 3 Golden rules!! Who is helping you, don’t forget them. Who is loving you, don’t hate them. Who is trusting you, don’t cheat them.
- All differences in this world are of degree, and not of kind, because oneness is the secret of everything.
- Always try to represent yourself as happy. Initially, it becomes your look, gradually it becomes your habit and finally it becomes your personality.
- Anything that makes you weak – physically, intellectually, and spiritually, reject it as poison.
- Bless people when they revile you. Think how much good they are doing by helping to stamp out the false ego.
- Comfort is no test of truth. Truth is often far from being comfortable.
- Desire, ignorance, and inequality – this is the trinity of bondage.
- Do not hate anybody, because that hatred which comes out from you must, in the long run, come back to you, if you love, that love will come back to you, completing the circle.
- I am proud to belong to a religion which has taught the world tolerance & universal acceptance. we believe not only in universal toleration but we accept all religions as true.
- The fire that warms us can also consume us; it is not the fault of the fire.
- Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.
- When you are doing any work.. do it as worship, as the highest worship, and devote your whole life to it for the time being.
Swami Vivekananda Quotes On Success
- Everything is easy when you are busy. But nothing is easy when you are lazy.
- Be the servant while leading. Be unselfish. Have infinite patience, and success is yours.
- We are what our thoughts have made us. So take care about what you think. Words are secondary, thoughts live and travel far.
- Believe in yourself and the world will be at your feet.
- Do one thing at a Time, and while doing it put your whole soul into it to the exclusion of all else.
- If I love myself despite my infinite faults, how can I hate anyone at the glimpse of a few faults?
- Don’t look back -forward infinite energy, infinite enthusiasm, infinite daring, and infinite patience – then alone can great deeds be accomplished.
- Each work has to pass through these stages – ridicule, opposition, and then acceptance. Those who think ahead of their time are sure to be misunderstood.
- Have faith in yourself – all power is in you. Even the poison of a snake is powerless, if you can firmly deny it.
- Have faith in yourselves, great convictions are the mothers of great deeds.
- Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life; dream of it; think of it; live on that idea. Let the brain, the body, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, and this is the way great spiritual giants are produced.
- Talk to yourself at least once in a day otherwise you may miss meeting an excellent person in this world.
- The cheerful mind perseveres and the strong mind hews its way through a thousand difficulties.
- The great secret of true success, of true happiness, is this: the man or woman who asks for no return, the perfectly unselfish person, is the most successful.
Swami Vivekananda Motivational Quotes
- Arise! Awake! Stop not until the goal is reached.
- All power is within you. You can do anything and everything. Believe in that. Do not believe that you are weak; do not believe that you are half-crazy lunatics, as most of us do nowadays. Stand up and express the divinity within you.
- All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
- Ask nothing; want nothing in return. Give what you have to give; it will come back to you, but do not think of that now.
- Feel nothing, know nothing, do nothing, have nothing, give up all to God, and say utterly, ‘Thy will be done.’ We only dream of this bondage. Wake up and let it go.
- If superstitions enter, the brain is gone.
- That man has reached immortality who is disturbed by nothing material.
- Whatever you believe, that you will be, If you believe yourselves to be ages, ages you will be tomorrow. There is nothing to obstruct you.
- In a day, when you don’t come across any problems – you can be sure that you are travelling in the wrong path.
National Youth Day Quotes | Swami Vivekananda Jayanti Quotes
With his great and tranquil thoughts, he captured the heat of Indian youth like no one did ever. He inspired youth to become self sufficient and confident. Here is our list of best Swami Vivekanand quotes on youth
- Blessed are they whose bodies get destroyed in the service of others.
- Both attachment and detachment perfectly developed make a man great and happy.
- Come out of your narrow holes and have a look abroad.
- Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.
- If you think yourselves strong, strong you will be.
- In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart.
- Stand up, be bold, and take the blame on your own shoulders. Do not go about throwing mud at others; for all the faults you suffer from, you are the sole and only cause.
- Strength is Life, Weakness is Death. Expansion is Life, Contraction is Death. Love is Life, Hatred is Death.
- The whole life is a succession of dreams. My ambition is to be a conscious dreamer, that is all.
- The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
- Take risks in your life, If you win, you can lead! If you lose, you can guide!
- The power of concentration is the only key to the treasure-house of knowledge.
- There is no limit to the power of the human mind. The more concentrated it is, the more power is brought to bear on one point.
- They alone live, who live for others.
- Things do not grow better; they remain as they are. It is we who grow better, by the changes we make in ourselves.
- Throw away all weaknesses. tell your body that it is strong. Tell your mind that it is strong and have unbound faith and hope in yourself.
- You are the creator of your own destiny.
- You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.
- You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
- You should work like a master and not as a slave; work incessantly, but do not do a slave’s work.
Swami Vivekananda Quotes On Education
- The very reason for nature’s existence is for the education of the soul.
- Education is the manifestation of perfection already existing in man.
- Experience is the only teacher we have. We may talk and reason all our lives, but we shall not understand a word of truth.
- A fool may buy all the books in the world, and they will be in his library; but he will be able to read only those that he deserves to.
- All knowledge that the world has ever received comes from the mind; the infinite library of the universe is in our own mind.
- Books are infinite in number and time is short. The secret of knowledge is to take what is essential. Take that and try to live up to it.
- Learn everything that is good from others, but bring it in, and in your own way adsorb it; do not become others.
- Neither money pays, not name, nor fame, nor learning; it is CHARACTER that can cleave through adamantine walls of difficulties.
Swami Vivekananda Quotes On Self Confidence
- The earth is enjoyed by heroes – this is the unfailing truth. Be a hero. Always say, I have no fear.
- Be not afraid of anything. You will do marvellous work. It is fearlessness that brings heaven even in a moment.
- Conquer yourself and the whole universe is yours.
- Dare to be free, dare to go as far as you’re thought leads, and dare to carry that out in your life.
- Stamp out the negative spirit as if it were a pestilence.
- The brain and muscles must develop simultaneously. Iron nerves with an intelligent brain – and the whole world is at your feet.
- Neither seek nor avoid, take what comes.
- The greatest sin is to think that you are weak.