In This Article
International Yoga Day (21 June) is celebrated every year, to raise awareness about the benefits of yoga, and respect for a holistic lifestyle. Check out the International Yoga Day messages, quotes and images.
International Yoga Day Quotes
- Yoga is a science- science of well being and youthfulness. It is the science of integrating body, mind and soul. — Amit Ray
- Yoga is the journey of the self, to the self, through the self. - The Bhagavad Gita
- Yoga is an invaluable gift from our ancient tradition. Yoga embodies unity of mind and body, thought and action, a holistic approach that is valuable to our health and our well-being. Yoga is not just about exercise; it is a way to discover the sense of oneness with yourself, the world and nature. — Prime Minister Of India, Mr. Narendra Modi
- Yoga means addition – addition of energy, strength and beauty to body, mind and soul. — Amit Ray
- Yoga is not just a repetition of a few postures – it is more about the exploration and discovery of the subtle energies of life. – Amit Ray
- A photographer gets people to pose for him. A yoga instructor gets people to pose for themselves. – T. Guillemets
- Yoga is a light, which once lit, will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter the flame. — B.K.S. Iyengar
- To perform every action artfully is yoga. — Swami Kripalu
- Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are. — Jason Crandell
- Yoga is really trying to liberate us from... shame about our bodies. To love your body is a very important thing — I think the health of your mind depends on your being able to love your body.— Rodney Yee
- The gift of learning to meditate is the greatest gift you can give yourself in this lifetime.— Sogyal Rinpoche
- With zero budget, yoga provides health assurance. Yoga does not discriminate between rich and poor. — Prime Minister Of India, Mr. Narendra Modi
- All this bringing of the mind into the higher state of vibration is included in one word YOGA.— Swami Vivekanand
- I don’t do yoga to look good. I do it to feel good. And then you look good in the end. — Lea Michele
- Yoga is a metaphor for life. You have to take it really slowly. You can’t rush. You can’t skip to the next position. You find yourself in very humiliating situations, but you can’t judge yourself. You just have to breathe, and let go. It is a workout for your mind, your body and your soul. — Madonna
International Yoga Day Captions
- Yoga is most like music in a way, there’s no end to it.
- Let’s make a posture, and not the pose. It is International Yoga Day.
- The attitude of gratitude is the highest Yoga.
- Letting go is the hardest asana.
- Yoga teaches you how to listen to your body.
- Yoga is like music. Rhythm of the body, the melody of the mind, and harmony of the soul.
- I am standing on my own altar. The poses are my prayers.
- The purpose of yoga is to stop suffering even before it arises.
- Yoga takes you into the present moment. The only place where life exists.
- Yoga adds years to your life, and life to your years.
- Yoga is just not a workout, it;s about working on yourself.
International Yoga Day Messages
- May the calmness of nature bring you wholeness and harmony. Happy International Yoga Day.
- The gift of learning to meditate is the greatest gift you can give yourself in this lieftime. Happy Yoga Day.
- The best thing you can do is master the chaos in you. You are not thrown into the fire, you are the fire.
- Yoga is all about striking a balance in life and therefore, you must make it a part of life. Happy International Yoga Day.
International Yoga Day Quotes In Hindi
- योग धर्म नहीं, विज्ञान है,
इसमें शरीर, मन और आत्मा को जोड़ने का विधान है।
- योग हमें खुद से मिलाता है
योग ईश्वर की अनुभूति दिलाता है
योग दिवस की शुभकामनाएं।
- “योग”, जीवन का वह दर्शन है,
जो मनुष्य को उसके आत्मा से जोड़ता है।
- योग वह प्रकश है जो एक
बार जला दिया जाये तो
कभी कम नहीं होता!
जितना अच्छा आप
अभ्यास करेंगे, लौ
उतनी ही उज्जवल होगी।
- स्वास्थ्य जीवन जीना जिंदगी की जमा पूंजी
योग करना रोगमुक्त जीवन की कुंजी।
- योग से बड़ा कोई ऐश्वर्य नहीं, योग से बड़ी कोई सफलता नहीं, योग से बड़ी कोई उपलब्धि नहीं। ― Baba Ramdev
- अभ्यास चीजों को आसान बना देता है. योग के माध्यम से ज्ञान, ज्ञान के माध्यम से प्रेम आता है, और प्रेम से परमानंद। ― Swami Vivekananda
Frequently Asked Questions
When Is International Yoga Day Celebrated?
International Yoga Day is celebrated throughout 126 countries on 21st June every year.
What is the theme of International Yoga Day 2022?
The Union Ministry of Ayush has announced ‘Yoga for Humanity’ as the theme for IDY 2022. The main event will be held in Mysuru, Karnataka led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The theme of last year’s event was ‘Yoga for Wellness’.
When was the first International Yoga Day observed in India?
In India, on June 21, 2015, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first International Yoga Day. A total of 35,985 people attended the event, which set two Guinness World Records.
Why do we celebrate International Yoga Day?
The purpose of International Yoga day is to promote peace and harmony by creating a worldwide spirit of oneness through yoga.